Monday, November 28, 2005

The Writers In My Head

Dear Avid Reader,

Percy: So what would you write about if you had a blog?

Kent: Dude, don't even ask me. I hate those things.

P: Yeah, I know it's a lot easier to sit on the sidelines and hate on stuff, but I'd like a little help here.

K: Fine. Write the first thing that comes to your mind.

P: Radishes. I don't know why, but radishes.

K: What? Radishes?

P: Yeah, I just got a juicer and the recipe book has a recipe that includes radishes. "Good Morning Tonic" I believe.

K: Does a radish have juice? What would that be like?

P: Not sure.

K: What about the juice's color? This potential post raises more questions than it answers.

P: Oh you know what, it isn't radishes in the book, it's beets. Yeah beets.

K: This blog of yours is gonna be lame.

P: I think it will find a rabid following among beet and beet-juice enthusiasts.

K: Well then the readers of your blog are gonna be lame. Think of something else.

P: Hmmm. What if the beets were hallucinogenic?

K: Now we're talking.

P: Yeah, beets crossed with opium plants in a government lab. The post could revolve around a secret "black ops" section of the EPA.

K: Finally the public will care about the EPA. Now just add some pirates with laser guns and you got yourself a blog entry.

P: What do I call it?

K: Something edgy. Something cool.

P: Can't Beet The Pirate Life?

(pause)

K: Blogs are dumb.

The Next Post Promises To Be Better,

James

1 Comments:

Blogger John Batchelder said...

I once knew a beet-juice enthusiast

He was a real stain on society, and I think his kind are the root of what is wrong with this country.

I see red every time I think about him and when he decided to go to Harvard - I knew we were all in a pickle.

Why couldn't we just hash it out like normal folk?

No, with him you could never win - he just couldn't be beet.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home