Thursday, October 27, 2005

It happened so subtlely, you really had to look to see it happening...

Dear Avid Reader,

I'm not sure how I got here.

I have railed against blogs for the longest time.This idea of people writing about themselves becasue they think someone out there actually cares is the reason I have never read blogs, cared about blogs, and is probalby why I am starting a blog.

My wife said when she was starting her blog that she thought of blogs as a way to keep up with family. You can write when you want, they can check when they want and it works out for everyone. Conveinent.

Well, I'm not going to hide behind that fairy tale. I am making a blog because I am "so darn interesting". Why there isn't a reality TV crew following me I cannot say. There should at least be a bard or scribe writing epic poems and songs of my victories. Perferrably in Klingon.

As I write this, I realize that I never had a consistent journal because I knew that no one would read it. Journals are traditionally secret and personal. Now that there is a possibility that someone may read my blog, I am sure to write in it all the time. I figure someone out there agrees with everything I say. And so it is for you, Avid Reader, that I write.

So what to expect.

In addition to my wife, my in-laws all have blogs (and they all have devout followings as well).All of them focus on the hobby of the blogist. There's my father-in-law and fly-tying, my mother-in-law and knitting, and my brother-in-law and technology. So my blog will not be in this same vein as them in that it will be about me. That is unless I become a hobby somehow, so watch for that.

These blogs always seem to take on the form of a one-sided dialouge. So I guess that'll be the format that I adopt. Me talking, no one listening. You are probably familiar with this if you have any experience with blogs.

So welcome to the blog, I'm sure there will be links and pictures soon, probably a survey or poll.


The Next Post Promises To Be Better,

James

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Welcome to blogland.

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home